‘Pro’ Social Blog
~Articles and Videos From the Alternative Teaching Behaviorists~
10 Signs Your Child’s Therapist Isn’t Working Out
- The only thing you get out of therapy is the fight to get your child there.
- The therapist can’t verbalize what he/she is working on and the skills your child is developing.
- Your child is past session 3 and the only thing they are working on is “building rapport” or playing games.
- The therapist takes the child’s side over the parents (i.e. never focusing on the child’s misbehavior).
- You’ve never gotten an update from the therapist about your child’s progress.
- Neither you nor your child can verbalize your child’s treatment goals.
- The therapist’s only response to behavioral issues is to suggest having more frequent sessions with your child.
- The therapist provides no after hours support.
- You start to fault therapy (and not the therapist) for achieving no results.
- The therapist can’t/won’t answer these 3 questions (see link).